Saturday, May 31, 2014

Phoenix-born singer Tito Torbellino killed in Mexico - azcentral.com

Police reported that two gunmen entered the restaurant and shot Rascon at close range.

Phoenix native Tomas Tovar Rascon, or Tito Torbellino as the Mexican banda music singer billed himself, was shot to death Thursday in a restaurant in Ciudad Obregon, Sonora, according to the Associated Press.

Police reported that two gunmen entered the restaurant and shot Rascon at close range.

He had been scheduled to perform Friday at Expo Obregon, sharing the bill with Reik and Maria Jose.

Rascon was in Phoenix last week to celebrate his birthday .

The singer posted a birthday photo with his family on Facebook, writing: "Thanks to God for another year of my life and for everything that he has given me. Thank you to my children, family, friends and my loyal fans everywhere. Thank you for all the presents and wishes. I didn't think I would get to this age. I promise to be calmer and less careless. Ha ha ha. On my way to Bakersfield to do what I like, singing for my public. The celebration is just starting."

In another Facebook post that day, he wrote, "Happy on my birthday. Even my son was with me. Thank you to everyone in Phoenix."

His last area performance was May 23 at Ocean's Seven in Scottsdale.

Read or Share this story: http://azc.cc/1gOsLer

Edward Snowden

Tito Torbellino

Spurs

Pacers

Tito Torbellino

No comments:

Post a Comment