Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Ariana Grande, Jennette McCurdy show 'Sam & Cat' canceled after one season - New York Daily News

Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy will be "Sam & Cat" no more.

The Nickelodeon show has been canceled after one season, Grande, 21, confirmed on her Twitter page.

"I felt it wasn't my place to make any sort of announcement so I kept quiet until now," the pop star wrote in a lengthy note, posted Sunday.

"I want to thank Nickelodeon for making a childhood dream of mine come true, for being a family to me, for being so accommodating and supportive of my multitasking with my music career, and for of course introducing me to many of my fans however many years ago."

Grande thanked show creator Dan Schnieder, the cast, crew and fans of the show in her heartfelt note, but made no mention of her co-star McCurdy.

Earlier this year there were rumors of conflict on set involving McCurdy, 22, Grande, and reported arguments with show honchos.

In April a rumored rift between the actresses supposedly had to do with their salaries. At the time Grande took to her Twitter page to clarify that she and McCurdy agreed that they "would be treated equally" in "all regards."

"The rumors circulating about our contracts and our salary not being equal are absolutely ridiculous and false," the " Problem" singer wrote.

"I don't know who's putting these idiotic quotes out there but I thought I'd straighten it out and try to end this nonsense."

The show was also rocked by scandal before that. Racy photos of McCurdy leaked online in March —bringing production to a screeching halt. Furthermore McCurdy, who played Sam Puckett to Grande's Cat Valentine, did not attend Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards alongside her costar.

“Sam & Cat” produced a whopping 40 episodes in its first season — now comprising the entire series.

"Nickelodeon will not be producing more episodes of Sam & Cat," the network said in a statement, according to Deadline.

"We are very proud of the show and its very talented cast and we wish them all the best."

On a mobile device? Click here to watch video.

Jennette McCurdy

Mike Miller

24 Live Another Day

Super Smash Bros

Thor

No comments:

Post a Comment