Sunday, April 6, 2014

Kristen Bell sings 'Frozen' song live in ALL of Anna's voices - New York Daily News

TV & Movies

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Friday, April 4, 2014, 2:44 PM

Kristen Bell wants to build a snowman.

Well, really, the actress who provides the loving voice of Anna in the mega blockbuster animated film "Frozen" sang "Do You Want to Build A Snowman?" to a live audience in Los Angeles in February.

Now the video has surfaced as someone who attended the Disney event posted it to YouTube on March 22.

"Hello everyone, I'm Kristen Bell. I play Anna," she began. "I wanted to be a Disney princess since I was 5-years-old. That is not just something I say, I really, really did."

The "House of Lies" star was candid about her love for the character she played and how closely she could relate to her.

"Disney animation was so important to me. But what's even more special is that I was able to help shape a type of heroine that I wanted to see," she continued. "That I would identify with when I was five-to-10 years old and I feel like I'm so, so proud of Anna because of all those things."

Her passion shined through as she awed the crowd by changing her voice from a toddler Anna at the beginning of the song to the teenager fighting to get the love of her older sister back.

"Her sort of ability to believe in people even when they stopped believing in themselves is very apparent in the first song that we're going to do for you tonight," she said right before cuing the music. "When she is dealing with the fact that her sister has shut her out."

Echoes of the audience's cheers filled the space within the first few lines of the song as it was exceptional to hear a little girl's voice coming from the 33-year-old actress.

Her live performance mirrored the film's so superbly it's no wonder the video has gone viral.

On a mobile device? Click here to view video.

Anna Kendrick

Kevin Ollie

Kevin Ollie

Jon Hamm

Captain America 2

No comments:

Post a Comment